I was tagged to do this on Facebook by Jen Franklin Kearns, but if I'm going to spend all the time writing it, it's going on my blog, too!
25 or so Things About MeRules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 2 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. I'm a chocoholic. I especially adore dark chocolate covered almonds and if they are in the house, well, they won't be for long.
2. I've been a vegetarian since I was 11 years old (so, for 20 years now). However, before that, my parents used to bribe me with steak. I loved it.
3. I love to read, and, with a few exceptions, I love almost every book I read. I would be a horrible book critic. I'm easy to please. Right now I'm reading "The Birth House" by Amy McKay.
4. I love the rain. I don't mind being out in the rain at all; I think there is nothing more beautiful than a rainy day. However, I've discovered that I don't like picking Aidan up from school when it's raining. How do you manage 2 kids in a parking lot with an umbrella? I need to hold both kids hands still, they're so little. I always end up with two wet kids and one wet mommy.
5. Most of my current friends met me after Aidan was born, and they would probably be surprised to know that I have a Ph.D. They probably all think I am just a mom. Someday, I might actually use my degree:)
6. I love to travel with my husband, and I think it will be fun when the kids are old enough that we can take them to fun places.
7. Just like Jen Kearns explained, my oldest son has Down syndrome, and I have learned much more from him in the last 3 1/2 years than he has learned from me. I wish everyone could be so lucky.
8. I gave up coffee when I became pregnant with Aidan, and I still drink decaf. I actually feel way better than I did when I was a caffeine addict, so I'll probably never go back. I love the taste of coffee, but if I drink caffeine I get very jittery.
9. I love being outside, but in the summer I always seek out the shade so I don't get sunburned. I can burn in about 5 minutes.
10. I can identify most of the birds that come through central Ohio just by listening for them. Brendan is picking up some of it, too!
11. Someday, I would love to adopt a child with Down syndrome from overseas.
12. I never wear makeup (well, maybe twice a year) and when I do I worry about all the chemicals I just smeared on my face.
13. Speaking of chemicals, I am very paranoid in the chemical department. Check out this website Cosmetics Safety Database. I worry about chemicals in food, cleaning products, beauty products, etc. and do my best to avoid them. Maybe I'm crazy?
14. Speaking of chemicals in food, I like to buy products with just a couple of ingredients. Did you know they make lite orange juice? It has about 20 ingredients, most of which I have never heard of. My OJ just has oranges and vitamin C. Simple.
15. Enough about chemicals. I love using cloth diapers on my kids.
16. I love to watch Days of our Lives, even though it's silly.
17. Before kids, I used to exercise every single day for 1-2 hours. I love to exercise. I look forward to being able to do it consistently someday again. It makes me happy and keeps me stress-free. If I could only figure out how to do it with kids...or figure out how to get up earlier...or stay up later...
18. I love the color gray. Is that considered a color?
19. I love taking photos of my kids.
20. I love cuddling with a cat.
21. I love drinking wine (but not while pregnant).
22. I am very shy about meeting new people or being in big crowds. Once I know people I'm okay.
23. I still call my dad when I have questions about things, just like I've been doing my whole life (sorry Scotte). I call Scotte second, or if I can't get in touch with my dad. My dad knows everything.
24. I like Sesame Street and Laurie Berkner as much as my kids do.
25. I used to clean my house every single day when I was single. I can't say that now...
I would love to hear more about anyone who wants to participate! Leave me a comment if you do!
I'm going to tag Deborah at Sunflower Stories and Sarah and Joyce at Class of 2008.